This Lenten season we are joining hundreds of churches across the KC Metro and in cities around the world for the ONE KC initiative.
The vision of ONE KC is to saturate our communities with the Good News of Jesus during the 40 days leading up to Easter Sunday (February 14-April 4th).
We hope you have been enjoying diving into the readings and videos for ONE KC so far! We have been hearing about great conversations in our watching groups. If you haven’t yet formed a group, there’s still time to do so. Even if it’s just another couple, a coworker, a family member, or a neighbor or two, the films are great discussion starters!
Here’s what you need to know for Week 3 –
1. This week’s scriptures:
Monday: Mark 6:30-56
Tuesday: Mark 7:1-37
Wednesday: Mark 8:1-21
Thursday: Mark 8:22-38
Friday: Mark 9:1-32
As you read, ask yourself these questions:
- What stood out to you from today’s reading?
- What did you learn about Jesus today?
- What did you learn about people/humanity today?
- What is God asking you to do, be, embrace, change and/or believe from today’s reading?
2. This week’s videos:
We encourage you to watch these videos with a group of people, and to watch the videos for the week back to back. (They should auto play to the next video if you watch them on YouTube.)
You can find the videos using the links below: (Note: Each video is about 3 minutes long)
Mark 6:30-56 (Link to Week 3 Video 1):
Mark 7:1-23 (Link to Week 3 Video 2):
Mark 7:24-37 (Link to Week 3 Video 3):
Mark 8:1-21 (Link to Week 3 Video 4):
Mark 8:22-38 (Link to Week 3 Video 5):
Mark 9:1-13 (Link to Week 3 Video 6):
Mark 9:14-32 (Link to Week 3 Video 7):
After you watch the videos for the week, discuss these simple questions:
- What stood out to you from today’s viewing?
- How would you summarize these chapters in a sentence or two?
- What did you learn about Jesus in these chapters?
- What did you learn about people/humanity in these chapters?
- What is God asking you to do, be, embrace, change and/or believe from these chapters?
We’re excited to continue on this journey through the Gospel of Mark!
If you have any questions about ONE KC, please contact Pastor Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.