Sundays 8:45 and 10:30 a.m. online and in person
Wednesdays 7-8 p.m.
Prayer is essential to our Christian walk. We value and believe in its importance but oftentimes when we talk about prayer, our focus is based on what we want to say to God. However, prayer often requires us to quiet our souls so that we can listen to the small quiet voice of God. As we begin 2021, we are going to take four weeks to stop talking to God and begin to develop the spiritual muscle of listening to God as we discern His will for us in our lives.
Join us as we begin a new sermon series, “Listen Up!” on January 3rd, as we discover what it looks to redirect our prayer lives through a posture of listening.
Then join with us on Wednesday evenings from 7-8 p.m. in the Worship Center for a large group gathering OR journey in your specific GROWTH Groups (Life Groups and/or Bible Studies) as we dig deeper into this spiritual practice as we work through Mark Batterson’s four-week Bible study “Whisper: How to Hear the Voice of God”.
There will also be additional opportunities for children and youth during the Wednesday evening times, both in-person and on zoom. COMMUNITY Youth will be working through Francis Chan’s curriculum on prayer and the tough questions students struggle with as they grow in a prayer life. COMMUNITY Kids will be exploring and diving deeper into Jesus’ teachings on prayer and the Lord’s Prayer.
Quick Calendar of 2021 January Month of Prayer
- Sunday, January 3: Hearing the Voice of God (1 Kings 19:1-18, John 10:10, 1 Samuel 3:1-10)
- Wednesday, January 6: Mark Batterson’s: The Power of a Whisper (7-8pm)*
- Sunday, January 10: The Languages of God (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Wednesday, January 13: Mark Batterson’s: The Whispering Spot (7-8pm)*
- Sunday, January 17: Tuning into God’s Heart (Psalm 139, Gen 1:27)
- Wednesday, January 20: Mark Batterson’s: The Key of Keys (7-8pm)*
- Sunday, January 24: Distinguishing God’s Voice over the Other Noises (1 Timothy 2:1-4, 1 Peter 2:11-17, Romans 13:1-7)
- Wednesday, January 27: Mark Batterson’s: The Seven Languages (7-8pm)*
*Come to these gatherings if you are not involved in a GROWTH Group or if your GROWTH Group chooses not to meet together in this large group gathering. COMMUNITY Kids and Youth will also be provided during these sessions (in-person and on zoom)