What a great week of ministry we had at Jungle Safari July 7-11th. It was an amazing week of ministry and in case you missed our closing service we wanted to wrap up this week with a few awesome points for how God is moving through our children lives and our neighboring community.
- We had 234 children registered for VBS this year. Last year we had 158! That’s 76 more kids than last year that entered our church doors. Last year on a given day of VBS we had between 120-140 children participate; this year we consistently welcomed between 197-210 children each day! That’s almost double participation on a day to day basis! And what’s even more exciting about this number is that it was very consistent throughout the week—this demonstrates to us that children wanted to come the entire week! They didn’t just come for a day and decide to do something else the next day, they CHOOSE to come each day and explore God’s truth and respond in worship to Him! What an awesome delight to have children respond to the nature of God in such a tangible manner!
- During this week of ministry we raised over $1717.38 for Oceans of Mercy! Last year our goal was $1400 and this year we went even deeper into our vision of giving to our partnering orphanage! I heard countless stories of children who emptied their savings and piggy banks to give to this mission . . . they choose to serve and give rather than keeping for their own toys or wants. What an awesome example and reminder for us about priorities and how we should respond to God’s gifts in our lives by giving to others.
- We had 36 children accept Christ or rededicate their lives to Christ through our VBS ministry. What an amazing joy it is to walk with children as they open their hearts and lives to Christ. This is why we do VBS—because this ministry has a kingdom impact and a foundational shaping impact for years to come!
- This year we participated in various service projects throughout the week. In one week of ministry we were able to:
- Create 210 snack packs for City Union Mission for their urban VBS
- Donate 250 canned food items to our local food pantry
- Make seed balls to beautify our neighborhoods
- Weed around the church
- Write 148 letters to the orphans in South Africa
- Make 48 banners and 2 quilts for the residents for Covenant Place Retirement Community.
- And finally VBS can’t be done without the great help of all our volunteers! We had over 113 volunteers serve throughout this week of ministry and even more people partner with us prior to this week by giving donations or helping prep supplies or projects. This ministry is one of the greatest examples of how our church comes together as ONE church united serving God’s purpose to build and grow God’s kingdom! Thank you for partnering with us, thank you for investing into the children and families of our church and neighboring communities.