Our children are significant members of our church family, and that we have a huge responsibility to walk beside them during these formative years.
Our vision is that every child that we come into contact with experiences the love of Jesus in tangible ways. This love is most powerfully demonstrated through the care of our adult and high school leaders. Throughout the year, we have a significant opportunity to serve and mentor children as they are taking steps closer to Jesus and making faith commitments of their own.
Our leaders come with a variety of gifts and experiences, but the most crucial asset that they bring is a love for Jesus and a heart to serve people. Is God leading you to invest your life into the lives of our children? Contact Jessica Springer (email@example.com) to learn how you can get involved..
kaleidoscope KIDS MINISTRY Opportunity Descriptions
* Ministries that are available to youth are noted with an asterisk.
Baby-k - Baby-k is about providing child care for very young children while showing God’s love. This takes place for ages infant to 2 years the entirety of Sunday morning as well as for ages infant to 3 years on Wednesday night. There are three different shifts throughout Sunday morning: 8:30 am service, kSCHOOL, and 10:45 am. Baby-k is also provided from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm on Wednesday night during kHUB.
- Baby-k Helper * – This person is responsible for being there and taking appropriate care of the children that are entrusted into your care. This care ranges anywhere from changing diapers to reading a book.
Time commitment is approximately 1 hour in a week when helping on Sunday and 2 hours in week when helping on Wednesday.
LIL' kWORSHIP - LIL' kWorship is about giving young children (ages 3 to 6) a Biblical message in a format that is suited to their age level while their parents are in the worship service on Sunday morning. LIL' kWorship takes place at both the 8:30 am and 10:45 am services. At the 8:30 am service the children will be dismissed from the worship service before the Sermon to attend LIL' kWORSHIP
- At the 10:45 am service the children will be dropped off at LIL' kWORSHIP before the worship service begins.
- Teacher – This person is responsible for reviewing the weekly lesson before Sunday morning and gathering any resources he/she may need before LIL' kWORSHIP begins. The teacher is also responsible for giving the message during LIL' kWORSHIP and keeping the children focused on the tasks that have been planned.
Time commitment is approximately 2 hours in a week when teaching.
- Assistant * – This person is responsible for being a helpmate to the teacher during the LIL' kWORSHIP time. This means managing the children’s behavior as well as keeping them focused on the tasks outlined by the teacher. He/she is simply another set of eyes/ears/hands/feet for the teacher. If you have never been a part of LIL' kWORSHIP before this is the perfect opportunity to enter into that ministry.
Time commitment is approximately 1 hour in a week when assisting.
kSCHOOL - kSCHOOL is a time for children (ages 2 to 5th grade) to learn about the Bible, the stories that are contained within it, and what these mean to our relationship with Jesus Christ. This is done in a classroom setting appropriate to the child’s age. kSCHOOL takes place from 9:45 am to 10:30 am on Sunday morning.
- Teacher – This person is responsible for reading the curriculum, planning the lesson, and preparing any necessary resources for the execution of the lesson on Sunday morning. This position requires a commitment to try and attend every Sunday.
Time commitment is approximately 2 hours every week.
- Assistant – This person is a helpmate for the teacher and will assist in classroom management and keeping students on task. If you have never been a part of children’s kSCHOOL before this is the perfect opportunity to enter into that ministry.
Time commitment is approximately 1 hour in a week when assisting.
kWORSHIP - kWORSHIP provides a worship time for students (grades K to 5th) during the 10:45 am worship service on Sunday morning. There is singing, a scripture reading, and a message given in a format that is kid-friendly.
- Group Leader – For lack of a better term, he/she is the emcee for kWORSHIP. This person looks over the curriculum for the week and does any preparation. He/she is there to welcome the students to kWORSHIP, read the scripture, and briefly discuss the message topic. The group leader is also responsible for making sure the THE k is appropriately set up and taken down for kWORSHIP.
Time commitment is approximately 2 hours a week when leading.
- Song Leader * – This person will choose the songs that are to be sung from the song library. He/she will also lead the students in singing the songs as well as demonstrating any motions associated with those songs. The song leader should also work in conjunction with the group leader to set up the THE k on Sunday.
Time commitment is approximately 2 hours a week when leading singing.
- Audio/Visual Attendant * – kWORSHIP uses a sound system and a projector. In order for those to be used they need to be run by someone. That is the job of the A/V attendant. This person runs the sound board, projection, and lights for kWORSHIP. The A/V attendant is also responsible for helping to pick-up the room once kWORSHIP is done.
Time commitment is approximately 1 hour a week when running.
- Assistant * – This person is responsible for behavior management and also to be an example to the students as to what is appropriate behavior while in kWORSHIP.
Time commitment is 1 hour a week when assisting.
kHUB - kHUB is about providing a time of faith, fellowship, and fun for children (ages 4 to 5th grade) on Wednesday nights. There will be games, music, a message, and some small group time as well. As the year progresses there will also be special events that will range from events that give children the opportunity to serve, to events that give them an extra helping of fun. If you are High School age then this is a great opportunity for you to get involved with kaleidoscope KIDS MINISTRY.
- Group Leader – In many respects this person performs the same tasks as the kWORSHIP group leader, just on Wednesday nights. Look over the lesson for the week and do any preparation that is required. Then, on Wednesday night, be there to welcome the kids and do the large group activities.
Time commitment is approximately 3 hours a week when leading the group.
- Song Leader * – Choose, learn, and lead the songs during the singing time of kHUB.
Time commitment is 1 hour a week when leading the singing unless staying for all of kHUB.
- Game Leader – There will be a game time every Wednesday night. The game leader will be responsible for choosing, preparing, and running the playing of the games.
Time commitment is 1 hour a week when leading games unless staying for all of the HUB.
- Grade Leader – After the large group activities are done, we will break into groups divided by grade. The grade leader is the person that will be the recognizable face every Wednesday for the kids in that grade. You will interact and build relationships with those kids while going through the small group part of the curriculum. This position requires an attempt to try and be there every Wednesday night.
Time commitment is 2 hours a week.
- Audio/Visual Attendant * – kHUB uses a sound system and a projector. In order for those to be used they need to be run by someone. That is the job of the A/V attendant. This person runs the sound board, projection, and lights. The A/V attendant is also responsible for helping to pick-up THE k once kHUB is done.
Time commitment is approximately 2 hour a week when running.
- Assistant * – This person is responsible for behavior management and also to be an example to the students as to what is appropriate behavior while at kHUB.
Time commitment is 2 hour a week when assisting.