Community Covenant Clickers’
Photo Safari To Dogwood Canyon October 11 & 12 2013
· The church bus will leave the church parking lot promptly at 6:00pm on the 11th.
· For the next 4 hours we will make our way to Branson arriving at the Quality Inn at approximately 10:00pm.
· On the morning of the 12th. A complimentary breakfast will served in the hotel.
· In order to take advantage of the morning light the bus will be leaving the hotel at 8:00am for about a ½ hour ride to Dogwood Canyon.
· From 8:30am to 11:00am we will be on our own to shoot to our hearts content
· From 11:00am to 1:00pm we will have a private tram tour through the park and into the wildlife area
· Boxed Lunches will be provide sometime during the tram tour
· From 1:00pm to 2:00pm everyone will have once last opportunity to take some shots
· Promptly at 2:00pm the bus will leave for a short trip back to Branson
· From 2:45pm to 4:15pm you will have some great opportunities to practice your macro photography shooting a variety of butterflies in Branson’s beautiful Butterfly Palace
· Promptly at 4:30pm we will leave Branson for the return trip to Kansas City
· With one stop along the way for dinner we should be back by 10:00pm
Price (Based on 10 people going. It goes down if we can get more)
· $50.00 assuming a roommate this will be the cost of your stay at the Quality Inn (Double if you go solo)
· $25.00 gas for the church bus
· $60.00 Tram Ride and box lunch
· $14.00 Park Pass
· $18.00 Butterfly Palace
· $160.00 Total (you’re on your own for dinner on Saturday night)
· These are pretty good estimates but not exact
· Rob will purchase the Tram Ride and we will all need to pay him afterward
· Rob will put a hold on a group of rooms, but you will need to call to make your own reservations
· Park Passes and Butterfly Palace can be purchased at the gate
· The Park (not including the wildlife area which you can’t get to on foot) is about 6 ½ miles round trip
· We are still investigating the possibility of having a “shuttle” service provide rides along the way for those who don’t want to walk. This will be an additional charge
· In order to cover the gas costs and the Tram we will need a firm non-refundable commitment (just your promise not to back out) of $85.00 by August 18th.