Reasons for Becoming a Member
- A Christ-Honoring Reason: It is a tangible expression of a spiritual reality. It helps us make a public declaration of a spiritual truth about our identification with Christ and other believers. Christ loved the Church and gave his life for it. As we commit to the Church, we join Christ in that commitment. Mark 10:45, Luke 24:46-47, Hebrews 10:25, Colossians 2:19
- A Missional Reason: Quite simply, we are better together. We can accomplish more by joining with others than we would ever be able to accomplish on our own. Matthew 28:18-20, Romans 12:5-8, Acts 11:19-26, Ephesians 2:10
- A Spiritual Growth Reason: It’s part of the progression of faith. First, we commit to Christ, and as part of that we further commit to Christ’s family. Additionally, there are 39 “one another” commands in the New Testament about how to live life as brothers and sisters that cannot reasonably be fulfilled without a commitment to a specific group of people. John 13:34-35, 1 Corinthians 12:14-22, Ephesians 4:15-16
What must I do to become a member?
Attend a Discovery CCC class. Discover CCC is a three-week course designed to help you understand what it means to be a Christian and the role of the church, all within the context of being Covenant. This interactive class includes live teaching by Senior Pastor Johan Tredoux and other staff. During these three weeks, you will:
- Explore the theology and history of the Covenant Church
- Discover how to nurture your spiritual growth
- Discover your spiritual gifts
- Discover the different classes and serving opportunites available at CCC
The next Discover CCC class cycle begins
Sunday July 14th, 2013 at 10:00am in the Library.
- Share your testimony with the Church Council. When new members join a Covenant church, they are asked two questions about belief: “Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Savior and promise to follow Him as Lord?” and “Do you accept the Holy Scriptures, the Old and New Testaments, as the word of God and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct?” They are then asked if they intend to live as faithful followers of Christ and members of the church and denomination. That’s all.
Please contact Pastor Johan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pastor John Paul at email@example.com for more information about church membership.